Running was survival. At least, that was what it used to be. When you're young, I suppose most things feel like they are about survival, especially when you're uprooted from you own mother. But now, when I lace up my pink and black Nike's for a run in the park, running is peace. Difficult, yes. But peaceful and happy. A reminder that I once survived and now I thrive on the steady pounding of rubber soles on grass and concrete.
Running was survival. At least, that was what it used to be. When you're young, I suppose most things feel like they are about survival, especially when you're uprooted from you own mother. But now, when I lace up my pink and black Nike's for a run in the park, running is peace. Difficult, yes. But peaceful and happy. A reminder that I once survived and now I thrive on the steady pounding of rubber soles on grass and concrete.
ReplyDelete