Process Piece

 


My process piece used the content of merchandising in a retail store using mannequins. My goal was to see how fast I could complete the process of changing a mannequin's outfit. The form by which I completed this process was using a mobile device to film the process in the allotted amount of time. The shortened time limit, caused me to think about how I could showcase the video. I could show the whole process of picking an outfit and dressing a mannequin or just dressing the mannequin or use time-lapse to show the entire process from beginning to end in supersonic speed in order to get all of it in. To fully decide what to do in my video, I had to do the same thing that Mr. Baker and his class did in the reading in which they just explored and investigated. I show in my video how a process requires gathering the information (my company style guide), objects (the clothes), questions, and answers (what can I flex if I'm out of a specific item). 

Doing this project helped me to see that I need to make sure my students take time to gather information, objects, and questions/answers before diving into a creative process. By so doing, they set themselves up for success but also can also have a more enjoyable experience when they take their time to discover. This also helps students understand the process from beginning to end. This is really helpful for theatre artists to take their time in analyzing their art pieces and not just plowing their way to the finished project.

Comments

Popular Posts